Monroe Artist: Dustin Greer

Lola MagazineCommunity, Misty Swilley

Dustin Greer was raised on a ranch in Texas in true cowboy style. Since he could walk, he was a showman for big rodeo crowds, but he never had any desire to be a cowboy. He did not leave the ranch often until except for …

Eat Fit Louisiana

Lola MagazineCommunity, Savanna Latimer

Our mission with Eat Fit Shreveport is to make the HEALTHY choice the EASY choice. Eat Fit Shreveport, a nonprofit initiative of Ochsner Health System with support by LSU Health Shreveport and the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation, is designed specifically for …

Best Friends Forever

Lola MagazineCommunity, Kiddos, Lola Shreveport, Teri Flash

Three young girls find friendship as they fight together Written by Teri Flash • Photos by Legacy Photography Eleven years ago, some friends with a common interest in tennis and a passion of doing good for others decided to start a tennis tournament to raise money …

Missing What Once Was

Lola MagazineCommunity, Hugh Johnson, Louisiana Ladies

Barbara Sugar: A Tribute to Celebrate a Life Well Lived Loss is a state of missing what once was and we are here to celebrate the beautiful life that was Barbara Sugar, and to acknowledge that we will never again experience the brilliance in which she …

Gemma Zuniga: From Her Perspective

Lola MagazineCommunity, Louisiana Ladies

When I left Shreveport in pursuit of my legal education three years ago, I left with a sense of hopefulness, eager to be one step closer to achieving my goal of becoming a business lawyer. I understood that the years ahead would be difficult, in …

Northeast Louisiana Arts Council presents: FIVE AWAKE

Lola MagazineCommunity

“She’s dead. He murdered her. He went in and shot the family. Pixie knew he was going to do this.” I inhaled sharply. It almost felt as if Charmaine were talking directly to me through the screen. With tears in her eyes, Charmaine Caccioppi opens …

Proverbs 31:20 Ministries

Lola MagazineAllison Hammett, Community, Lola Shreveport

Have you ever struggled with finding your purpose in life? I did most of my adult life. I was involved in a mentally and emotionally abusive relationship that left me feeling unworthy, depressed and lonely. You see, the problem with the trials I faced over …