Help the Hurt: The Gingerbread House

Lola MagazineCommunity, Jessica Miller

“To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart.” I keep this quote in mind as our Team works some of the most difficult cases you can possibly imagine. To look into the eyes of a five-year old and see deep-rooted pain, …

From Her Perspective

Lola MagazineCommunity

Life as an “always on call mommy,” a full time public servant and a part time volunteer is fairly exhausting; but I wouldn’t trade it for a diamond bedazzled, size two jean – that would actually fit over my right ankle.  My name is Erin …

Girls on the Run

Lola MagazineBeth Ann Menger, Community

These are just a few of the lesson themes from Girls on the Run curriculum, a life-changing program for girls in third through eighth grades. While living in Washington, D.C., in 2010, I became involved with the local Girls on the Run council on a …

Big Whit Foundation

Lola MagazineCommunity, Lola Shreveport

In 2008, NFL football player Andrew Whitworth and wife Melissa made a decision to invest back into their community by creating a non-profit organization that would impact area youth and families.  Andrew Whitworth, a former West Monroe High school and LSU football star, was drafted …

Calendar of Events

Lola MagazineCommunity

SHREVEPORT/BOSSIER Yuengling Block Party Thursday, September 1, 5-8 p.m. Parish Taceaux, with Dirty Redd Downtown ArtWalk Wednesday, September 7, 5-8 p.m.. Starts at Agora Borealis The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Friday, September 9, 8 p.m. The Strand Theater Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood Saturday, September …

From Her Perspective: Lindsey Dean

Lola MagazineCommunity

In a time when HOPE means so many different things to so many different people here’s what it means to me. My name is Lindsay Dean and I am the Executive Director for the North Louisiana affiliate of Susan G Komen. I’m a wife and …