By Jessica Comegys
We’ve come a long way from Emily Post’s first book on wedding etiquette in 1922. Some tidbits of advice have stood the test of time. Having both sets of parents meet before the wedding is still a must, but no wearing white as a wedding guest can be broken, as long as in good taste.
In my experience with weddings, being an attendant, and being the bride, I have always felt it best to err heavy on the side of classic. I am a believer in timeless, with a bit of new age flair to set your special day apart. Your wedding registry should be no different. Keep it classic, but your still you own style.
With all the “do’s and don’ts” it can be hard to decide what will best suit your style and your new home. After all, the wedding pieces you choose will be with you for life, just like your groom. We’ve asked the experts to give us a few tips on making your wedding registry stand the test of time.
citation of thesis in apa style viagra to masturbate prednisolone vs medrol http://www.naymz.com/moon-homework-help/ here argumentative thesis about teenage pregnancy custom writing website what was viagra original use natural male viagra new york descriptive essay essay the crisis what does thesis mean see url enter martin luther king essay example animation designer resume https://pittsburghgreenstory.com/newyork/thesis-on-the-history-of-philosophy/15/ https://rainierfruit.com/viagra-cialis-purchase/ sample packs Cialis see go site how do i delete an email account on iphone 7 viagra bestellen aus der eu essay about london city applying for internships resume difference thesis from dissertation viagra discount drug follow link http://www.naymz.com/academic-paper-writing-service-uk/ https://thedsd.com/harvard-essay-prompt/ https://bmxunion.com/daily/latex-thesis-math/49/ essay help agencies TIPS FROM THE HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS: Jessica Comegys
- When it comes to registering, choose items that you know you will use every day in your home. My top item is a quality dinnerware that is durable, dishwasher and microwave safe.
- There are so many beautiful options out there now that fit what I call “requirements”. Try to avoid trendy patterns and colors. Who doesn’t remember their mother’s beige plates with yellow flowers from the 70’s? The last thing you want to be stuck with is a set of expensive dinnerware that doesn’t match your updated decor in 10 years and not even an eBay buyer would want.
- A big trend these days is mixing everyday and fine china. Or, If you want a classic look with a little flair, try a patterned charger to add a pop of color.
- Be sure to register for a few extra place settings. Over the years you may break a piece and it can be difficult finding a replacement.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR WEDDING REGISTRY by Lewis Gifts
- REGISTER 6-8 months before the wedding.
- MAKE AN appointment with our bridal consultants and reserve plenty of time to have your perfect bridal registry.
- REGISTER FOR ITEMS that you know you will use and enjoy, whether for entertaining or everyday use. So put some thought in how you would like to live and entertain!
- DO SOME research before registering- come look in our store! Check out the various patterns of China and everyday dishes and all the beautiful entertaining and servicing pieces you’ll fall in love with.
- BESIDES the bridal basics of China, flatware, glassware and serving pieces, you will also need bedding, rugs, lamps, and home accessories you can add to your list.
- YOU CAN start a bridal registry online and then finish off in the store.
- YOUR GUESTS can shop online – your registry will be on our bridal website for convenience and online shopping.
THE MAN MATTERS – Tips to include your groom
- Today’s brides have become more practical and are registering for things they know will be put to great use by her and the groom.
- Dual registration for the bride and groom are typical in today’s world with the groom having a say in the selections as much as the bride.
- Today’s bride’s lifestyle is more casual and filled with more casual gatherings and grooms are often the cook of the household.
- Today’s Groom is requesting that he list things like barware, grilling accessories and Vanguard horn handled steak knives and serving pieces for great outdoor entertaining.
- Sheets and towels are especially important to include your groom in on making the best choice for you both.
A fast and fresh wedding shower appetizer to wow your guests!
Fresh Avocado Fruit Salad
- 1 jar refrigerated orange and grapefruit sections, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 1 jar refrigerated tropical mixed fruit in light syrup, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 2 cups cubed fresh cantaloupe
- 1 medium-size ripe avocado, halved and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Garnishes: light sour cream, crushed pistachios
Toss together first 6 ingredients. Cover and chill 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.