Welcome to Bayou Long Beard

Lola MagazineCommunity

The perfect place to stay for any reason under the sun! Bayou Long Beard was created for the sole purpose of taking care of people and giving them a place to relax and enjoy God’s creation. Originally built by Skip and Sara Caissie for Sara’s …

Reveling Through Generations

Lola MagazineCommunity, Sarah Garrett

You might not know this, but here it is. If you’re a part of the Shreveport-Bossier community, the Red River Revel is part of you! My journey began behind the scenes with my mother, Margaret Sour, who is an active Revel volunteer for over twenty-seven …

Geaux Bags

Lola MagazineCommunity, K.C. Kilpatrick, Soul Dreamer Photo, Wallace Lee

Helping one child at a time Here is the complicated, yet simple truth: These children were rescued by a call to 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437), which is the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) help line. Fortunately, concerned family members reported their parents, who were not …

The History of King Cake

Lola MagazineCommunity, Don Tubbs

Do you know the history of king cakes? Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is the day before Ash Wednesday and the beginning of the Lenten season. It falls on a different day each year because Mardi Gras Day is calculated by counting forty days and seven …

Robinson’s Rescue

Lola MagazineCommunity

My name is Dr. Andrea Master Everson and I am the President and Medical Director of Robinson’s Rescue. I have been with Robinson’s since our opening in 2008. To me, it is absolutely amazing that our team has touched the lives of 50,000 animals over …

Tinsel Story

Lola MagazineCommunity

It was a cool December night. A group of close friends and moms from my children’s school were looking forward to a fun evening out on the town. Chauffeured Christmas shopping along Line Avenue in Shreveport, bargains, trolleys, hors d’oeuvres and festive cocktails at each …

The Christmas Town

Lola MagazineCommunity, Jana Lucky

Christmas and Natchitoches go hand-in-hand. In most places, Christmas celebrations last for a day or maybe a week at most, but here in THE Christmas town, Christmas starts on the kickoff weekend before Thanksgiving and ends on New Year’s Day. It is just that special. …

Loyola Style Show: A Longstanding Tradition

Lola MagazineCommunity

What began as a project of the Jesuit Mother’s Club in 1952 as a way to raise money for the school has become one of the oldest traditions in Loyola’s history. A true family affair, the Style Show has been an annual mainstay for generations …

Four Generations of McCarys

Lola MagazineCommunity

Taking over the family business can be interesting. At times it can be expected, at times it can be a choice. Either way, in Miles Thomas’ case, it required a lot work and a lot of heart, and for Miles it comes with a sincere …

All for Juan

Lola MagazineCommunity, Lola Shreveport

One of Shreveport’s most beloved families recently fell victim to a senseless crime. We are heartbroken but hopeful! Juan Zuniga from El Compadre Mexican Restaurant and Seafood was shot twice while protecting his mother from an armed robbery on the evening of July 29th. Juan has a long road of recovery …