The COVID Diary

Lola MagazineCommunity, Sabrina Newell

I am a home health care worker as a Medical Speech-Language Pathologist. I have a fantastic job with a fabulous employer, and it required me to be out seeing and checking on my patients daily. I am not a germaphobe, but I am very careful, …

Back to School???

Lola MagazineCommunity, Lola Shreveport

Local education leaders speak about the new, unique challenges of going back to school in 2020 Cedar Creek School As the 2019-20 school year came to a close, thoughts of August came to mind.  I have read numerous articles, reports, and guides and have been …

Lola Magazine’s Kindness Challenge

Do you remember the last time you received an unexpected compliment? How did it make you feel? Did it make an impression on you? When I consider the different types of impressions we make on people, there are none more powerful than when you do …

Fight Your Mental Quarantine!

8856 Youree Dr., Ste. D • (318) 797-8523 • LearningRx.com/Shreveport While much is out of our control during this COVID-19 Quarantine, there are things you CAN do to increase your brain function and overall well-being! Eat Well The right nutrition is essential for brain function.  …

LOUISIANA STRONG: Surviving a Pandemic

Lola MagazineClinton Downing, Community

As 2020 began, we were hopeful for a new start in a new year and decade. Many of us had goals and aspirations for the next twelve months.  Special vacations were planned. Personal and professional ambitions were set. We were leaping into this year with …

318 Eats

We would like to take this opportunity to give a sincere thank you to the community of Shreveport/Bossier‭!‬ Because of your generosity, 318 Eats was able to donate over 3,100 meals to local hospitals & spend over $35,000 at local restaurants in April and May. …

Yoga Farm Fest

Lola MagazineCommunity, Sarah Sledge

*Event has been rescheduled for Sept. 25-27* Celebrating the mind, body and soul by promoting health, wellness and community through music, food, drinks and sunshine. Imagine yourself basking in the sun on a beautiful Sunday morning having just completed an outdoor yoga class coupled with …

Declutter and Donate

Lola MagazineAngela Vinet, Community

Good Hearts, Good Intentions, Good Giving Louisiana ranks 48th in the national poverty rate at 19.6%, and has one out of every 5.1 residents considered living in poverty, according to the Welfare Info website. Quite a staggering number for our state where a large portion …

Salute to Educators

Lola MagazineCommunity, Donesa Walker

Take a gander at the Nation’s Report Card and you will see that little has changed in the last 30 years in education and Louisiana is still at the bottom of the barrel. That’s the bad news. That’s the news that gets a lot of …

HOSTS: Highland Open Studio Tours Sunday

Lola MagazineCommunity, Karen LaBeau

Who: Highland Studio Open Tour Sundays What: HOSTS After Dark! When: March 8th from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Where: 1529 Texas Ave, Shreveport, LA 71103 Highland Open Studio Tours Sunday was inaugurated in May 2013 by pioneers Su Stella and Curt Harville. At the …

Ask the Expert: For the Home

Lola MagazineCommunity, Eric Gnann

Maintaining the look and value of your home is important. Whether you’re looking to sell this spring or want to enjoy your home for the next 30 years, Window Genie’s exterior cleaning services are the perfect way to boost curb appeal! We can: